LESSONS & CLINICS
Roman currently works with advanced students looking to prepare for college auditions and or improve on their jazz/contemporary improvisation /music writing. A 5th year Berklee dual major (Performance & CWP Contemporary Writing and Production '17), Soto has studied/played cello for over 10 years and has taught private lessons since 2011.
Classically trained, and an exceptional background in music theory, Roman is well-versed in classical and contemporary composition, arranging, improvisation and performance - something few classical and non-studied musicians are trained in and benefit from in today's competitive job market/auditions. For more on Roman Soto see his Bio and visit his SoundCloud page.
- Member of TMEA (Texas Music Educators Association)
- Taught and performed at the Valdres Sommersymfoni Chamber Festival in Norway
- Studied/mentored under exceptional classical /contemporary musicians & professors (see Bio)
- 3 time Texas All-State cellist
- 2 time recipient of TMEA UIL Outstanding Performer Award (highest UIL music honor at the high school level)
See form/info for more details on lessons, clinics and speaking engagements.